This song sums up what I felt as I was reading the last pages of this book:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpm_B...






I read a Diane Chamberlain book many years ago, maybe even 10 years ago. It was a mystery book, so the last book of 2022 was picked randomly, I just picked her book with the most stars and figured I'd like it.
The problem is, I didn't realize the book's genre until halfway through, by then, I was confused by the plot, but when I figured out the genre, everything started making sense.
The book is from two different POV's, one is Ellie's, in the '60s, a rebel, a brave young woman, with a beautiful heart, who risked it all to fight for a cause, and joined the SCOPE program to help black people register to vote.
The other POV is Kayla's, in 2010, who recently lost her husband and is moving into the house they both built and worked on.
Slowly, the two stories start colliding, unraveling 40 years worth of secrets, betrayals, and heartbreaks.



Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

The fall of the house of Usher