This book had a fantastic start and an amazing premise, as it went on though, it has dragged continuously, and I found myself constantly checking the pages to see when it'll finally end.
And what a disappointing end!The story of Addie started when she was a simple girl in a small town, a dreamy girl, unsatisfied with the small life a tiny town might offer, living and dying in the same spot is not something to look forward to.
The night her life changed, is when she was supposed to get married, at 23 years, she was already considered an old maiden, and marrying a widowed man with kids was her best chance at life.
That night, she made a deal, she asked for more time and freedom, and the price, as usual, was far greater than she was willing to pay.
The story follows her 'forgotten' life, through the ups and downs, of a life that had a beginning, but never an ending.
I saw myself in both Addie and henry, in Addie as I feel like I'm running out of time, unmarried, unemployed, and still, at school at 31, I too would benefit from a lifetime deal.
I saw it in henry for never being enough, -I'm getting a bit too personal here-, but I've never felt like I was enough, and I've been struggling with that feeling my entire life. I was never a good enough friend, or lover, not even a good enough sister, or daughter.
What I realized though, is that, despite the fact that I obviously didn't choose my family, the people I surround myself with are a reflection of my relationship with my close family members, therefore I'm falling victim to the same pattern, over and over again.
So I don't really need a deal with the devil, haha, I just need to finally accept that I am enough, and some therapy and self-help books! Ha!
Commentaires
Enregistrer un commentaire